noun ·same·as leader.
2. conductor ·noun the leader or director of an orchestra or chorus.
3. conductor ·noun one in charge of a public conveyance, as of a railroad train or a street car.
4. conductor ·noun one who, or that which, conducts; a leader; a commander; a guide; a manager; a director.
5. conductor ·noun a grooved sound or staff used for directing instruments, as lithontriptic forceps, ·etc.; a director.
6. conductor ·noun a substance or body capable of being a medium for the transmission of certain forces, ·esp. heat or electricity; specifically, a lightning rod.