Meaning of CUTTER in English
noun a boat used by ships of war.
2. cutter ·noun a ruffian; a bravo; a destroyer.
3. cutter ·noun a small, light one-horse sleigh.
4. cutter ·noun a fore tooth; an incisor.
5. cutter ·noun an officer in the exchequer who notes by cutting on the tallies the sums paid.
6. cutter ·noun one who cuts; as, a stone cutter; a die cutter; ·esp., one who cuts out garments.
7. cutter ·noun a small armed vessel, usually a steamer, in the revenue marine service;
also called revenue cutter.
8. cutter ·noun a kind of soft yellow brick, used for facework;
so called from the facility with which it can be cut.
9. cutter ·noun that which cuts; a machine or part of a machine, or a tool or instrument used for cutting, as that part of a mower which severs the stalk, or as a paper cutter.
10. cutter ·noun a fast sailing vessel with one mast, rigged in most essentials like a sloop. a cutter is narrower end deeper than a sloop of the same length, and depends for stability on a deep keel, often heavily weighted with lead.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012