Meaning of DEGRADATION in English
noun arrest of development, or degeneration of any organ, or of the body as a whole.
2. degradation ·noun diminution or reduction of strength, efficacy, or value; degeneration; deterioration.
3. degradation ·noun the state or condition of a species or group which exhibits degraded forms; degeneration.
4. degradation ·noun a gradual wearing down or wasting, as of rocks and banks, by the action of water, frost ·etc.
5. degradation ·noun the state of being reduced in rank, character, or reputation; baseness; moral, physical, or intellectual degeneracy; disgrace; abasement; debasement.
6. degradation ·noun the act of reducing in rank, character, or reputation, or of abasing; a lowering from one's standing or rank in office or society; diminution; as, the degradation of a peer, a knight, a general, or a bishop.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012