Meaning of DIVISION in English
noun that which divides or keeps apart; a partition.
2. division ·noun one of the groups into which a fleet is divided.
3. division ·noun the separation of a genus into its constituent species.
4. division ·noun two or more brigades under the command of a general officer.
5. division ·noun the distribution of a discourse into parts; a part so distinguished.
6. division ·noun difference of condition; state of distinction; distinction; contrast.
7. division ·noun two companies of infantry maneuvering as one subdivision of a battalion.
8. division ·noun disunion; difference in opinion or feeling; discord; variance; alienation.
9. division ·noun the portion separated by the divining of a mass or body; a distinct segment or section.
10. division ·noun the act or process of diving anything into parts, or the state of being so divided; separation.
11. division ·noun one of the larger districts into which a country is divided for administering military affairs.
12. division ·noun separation of the members of a deliberative body, ·esp. of the houses of parliament, to ascertain the vote.
13. division ·noun a course of notes so running into each other as to form one series or chain, to be sung in one breath to one syllable.
14. division ·noun a grade or rank in classification; a portion of a tribe or of a class; or, in some recent authorities, equivalent to a subkingdom.
15. division ·noun the process of finding how many times one number or quantity is contained in another; the reverse of multiplication; also, the rule by which the operation is performed.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012