Meaning of GENERATION in English
noun race; kind; family; breed; stock.
2. generation ·noun that which is generated or brought forth; progeny; offspiring.
3. generation ·noun the act of generating or begetting; procreation, as of animals.
4. generation ·noun the aggregate of the functions and phenomene which attend reproduction.
5. generation ·noun origination by some process, mathematical, chemical, or vital; production; formation; as, the generation of sounds, of gases, of curves, ·etc.
6. generation ·noun the formation or production of any geometrical magnitude, as a line, a surface, a solid, by the motion, in accordance with a mathematical law, of a point or a magnitude; as, the generation of a line or curve by the motion of a point, of a surface by a line, a sphere by a semicircle, ·etc.
7. generation ·noun a single step or stage in the succession of natural descent; a rank or remove in genealogy. hence: the body of those who are of the same genealogical rank or remove from an ancestor; the mass of beings living at one period; also, the average lifetime of man, or the ordinary period of time at which one rank follows another, or father is succeeded by child, usually assumed to be one third of a century; an age.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012