Meaning of GLOBE in English
vt to gather or form into a globe.
2. globe ·noun the earth; the terraqueous ball;
usually preceded by the definite article.
3. globe ·noun anything which is nearly spherical or globular in shape; as, the globe of the eye; the globe of a lamp.
4. globe ·noun a round or spherical body, solid or hollow; a body whose surface is in every part equidistant from the center; a ball; a sphere.
5. globe ·noun a body of troops, or of men or animals, drawn up in a circle;
a military formation used by the romans, answering to the modern infantry square.
6. globe ·noun a round model of the world; a spherical representation of the earth or heavens; as, a terrestrial or celestial globe;
called also artificial globe.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012