Meaning of HEIGHT in English
noun progress toward eminence; grade; degree.
2. height ·noun degree of latitude either north or south.
3. height ·noun the condition of being high; elevated position.
4. height ·noun that which is elevated; an eminence; a hill or mountain; as, alpine heights.
5. height ·noun utmost degree in extent; extreme limit of energy or condition; as, the height of a fever, of passion, of madness, of folly; the height of a tempest.
6. height ·noun elevation in excellence of any kind, as in power, learning, arts; also, an advanced degree of social rank; preeminence or distinction in society; prominence.
7. height ·noun the distance to which anything rises above its foot, above that on which in stands, above the earth, or above the level of the sea; altitude; the measure upward from a surface, as the floor or the ground, of animal, especially of a man; stature.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012