Meaning of IDEA in English
noun a plan or purpose of action; intention; design.
2. idea ·noun a general notion, or a conception formed by generalization.
3. idea ·noun a belief, option, or doctrine; a characteristic or controlling principle; as, an essential idea; the idea of development.
4. idea ·noun hence: any object apprehended, conceived, or thought of, by the mind; a notion, conception, or thought; the real object that is conceived or thought of.
5. idea ·noun the transcript, image, or picture of a visible object, that is formed by the mind; also, a similar image of any object whatever, whether sensible or spiritual.
6. idea ·noun a rational conception; the complete conception of an object when thought of in all its essential elements or constituents; the necessary metaphysical or constituent attributes and relations, when conceived in the abstract.
7. idea ·noun a fiction object or picture created by the imagination; the same when proposed as a pattern to be copied, or a standard to be reached; one of the archetypes or patterns of created things, conceived by the platonists to have excited objectively from eternity in the mind of the deity.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012