Meaning of INDUCE in English
vt to lead in; to introduce.
2. induce ·vt to draw on; to overspread.
3. induce ·vt to generalize or conclude as an inference from all the particulars;
the opposite of deduce.
4. induce ·vt to bring on; to effect; to cause; as, a fever induced by fatigue or exposure.
5. induce ·vt to lead on; to influence; to prevail on; to incite; to move by persuasion or influence.
6. induce ·vt to produce, or cause, by proximity without contact or transmission, as a particular electric or magnetic condition in a body, by the approach of another body in an opposite electric or magnetic state.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012