Meaning of MULTIPLY in English
vi to become greater in number; to become numerous.
2. multiply ·vi to increase amount of gold or silver by the arts of alchemy.
3. multiply ·vt to increase in number; to make more numerous; to add quantity to.
4. multiply ·vt to increase (the amount of gold or silver) by the arts of alchemy.
5. multiply ·vi to increase in extent and influence; to spread.
6. multiply ·vt to add (any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. ·see the note under multiplication.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012