Meaning of OBLIQUE in English
noun an oblique line.
2. oblique ·vi to deviate from a perpendicular line; to move in an oblique direction.
3. oblique ·adj not direct in descent; not following the line of father and son; collateral.
4. oblique ·adj not straightforward; indirect; obscure; hence, disingenuous; underhand; perverse; sinister.
5. oblique ·adj not erect or perpendicular; neither parallel to, nor at right angles from, the base; slanting; inclined.
6. oblique ·vi to march in a direction oblique to the line of the column or platoon;
formerly accomplished by oblique steps, now by direct steps, the men half-facing either to the right or left.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012