Meaning of PREDICATE in English
2. predicate ·vt to found; to base.
3. predicate ·vt the word or words in a proposition which express what is affirmed of the subject.
4. predicate ·vi to affirm something of another thing; to make an affirmation.
5. predicate ·vt to assert to belong to something; to affirm (one thing of another); as, to predicate whiteness of snow.
6. predicate ·vt that which is affirmed or denied of the subject. in these propositions, "paper is white," "ink is not white," whiteness is the predicate affirmed of paper and denied of ink.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012