Meaning of RED in English
noun a red pigment.
2. red ·- ·impf & ·p.p. of read.
3. red ·adj the menses.
4. red ·noun an abbreviation for red republican. ·see under red, ·adj.
5. red ·noun the color of blood, or of that part of the spectrum farthest from violet, or a tint resembling these.
6. red ·vt to put on order; to make tidy; also, to free from entanglement or embarrassement;
generally with up; as, to red up a house.
7. red ·superl of the color of blood, or of a tint resembling that color; of the hue of that part of the rainbow, or of the solar spectrum, which is furthest from the violet part.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012