Meaning of REEL in English
vt to roll.
2. reel ·vt to wind upon a reel, as yarn or thread.
3. reel ·vi to have a whirling sensation; to be giddy.
4. reel ·noun the act or motion of reeling or staggering; as, a drunken reel.
5. reel ·vi to incline, in walking, from one side to the other; to stagger.
6. reel ·noun a lively dance of the highlanders of scotland; also, the music to the dance;
often called scotch reel.
7. reel ·noun a machine on which yarn is wound and measured into lays and hanks, for cotton or linen it is fifty-four inches in circuit; for worsted, thirty inches.
8. reel ·noun a device consisting of radial arms with horizontal stats, connected with a harvesting machine, for holding the stalks of grain in position to be cut by the knives.
9. reel ·noun a frame with radial arms, or a kind of spool, turning on an axis, on which yarn, threads, lines, or the like, are wound; as, a log reel, used by seamen; an angler's reel; a garden reel.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012