Meaning of RESPONSE in English
noun an answer or reply.
2. response ·noun reply to an objection in formal disputation.
3. response ·noun the act of responding.
4. response ·noun a kind of anthem sung after the lessons of matins and some other parts of the office.
5. response ·noun a repetition of the given subject in a fugue by another part on the fifth above or fourth below.
6. response ·noun the answer of the people or congregation to the priest or clergyman, in the litany and other parts of divine service.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012