Meaning of SECONDARY in English
noun a secondary quill.
2. secondary ·noun a secondary circle.
3. secondary ·noun a satellite.
4. secondary ·adj pertaining to the second joint of the wing of a bird.
5. secondary ·adj acting by deputation or delegated authority; as, the work of secondary hands.
6. secondary ·adj suceeding next in order to the first; of second place, origin, rank, rank, ·etc.; not primary; subordinate; not of the first order or rate.
7. secondary ·adj possessing some quality, or having been subject to some operation (as substitution), in the second degree; as, a secondary salt, a secondary amine, ·etc. ·cf. primary.
8. secondary ·noun one who occupies a subordinate, inferior, or auxiliary place; a delegate deputy; one who is second or next to the chief officer; as, the secondary, or undersheriff of the city of london.
9. secondary ·adj dependent or consequent upon another disease; as, bright's disease is often secondary to scarlet fever. (b) occuring in the second stage of a disease; as, the secondary symptoms of syphilis.
10. secondary ·adj subsequent in origin;
said of minerals produced by alteertion or deposition subsequent to the formation of the original rocks mass; also of characters of minerals (as secondary cleavage, ·etc.) developed by pressure or other causes.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012