Meaning of SHINGLE in English
vt to cover with shingles; as, to shingle a roof.
2. shingle ·noun a sign for an office or a shop; as, to hang out one's shingle.
3. shingle ·vt to subject to the process of shindling, as a mass of iron from the pudding furnace.
4. shingle ·vt to cut, as hair, so that the ends are evenly exposed all over the head, as shingles on a roof.
5. shingle ·noun round, water-worn, and loose gravel and pebbles, or a collection of roundish stones, such as are common on the seashore and elsewhere.
6. shingle ·noun a piece of wood sawed or rived thin and small, with one end thinner than the other, used in covering buildings, especially roofs, the thick ends of one row overlapping the thin ends of the row below.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012