Meaning of SINGULAR in English
noun an individual instance; a particular.
2. singular ·adj existing by itself; single; individual.
3. singular ·adj engaged in by only one on a side; single.
4. singular ·adj separate or apart from others; single; distinct.
5. singular ·adj each; individual; as, to convey several parcels of land, all and singular.
6. singular ·adj being alone; belonging to, or being, that of which there is but one; unique.
7. singular ·adj denoting one person or thing; as, the singular number;
opposed to dual and plural.
8. singular ·noun the singular number, or the number denoting one person or thing; a word in the singular number.
9. singular ·adj standing by itself; out of the ordinary course; unusual; uncommon; strange; as, a singular phenomenon.
10. singular ·adj departing from general usage or expectations; odd; whimsical;
often implying disapproval or consure.
11. singular ·adj distinguished as existing in a very high degree; rarely equaled; eminent; extraordinary; exceptional; as, a man of singular gravity or attainments.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012