Meaning of STRETCHER in English
noun one who, or that which, stretches.
2. stretcher ·noun a piece of timber used in building.
3. stretcher ·noun an overstretching of the truth; a lie.
4. stretcher ·noun an instrument for stretching boots or gloves.
5. stretcher ·noun the frame upon which canvas is stretched for a painting.
6. stretcher ·noun a litter, or frame, for carrying disabled, wounded, or dead persons.
7. stretcher ·noun a narrow crosspiece of the bottom of a boat against which a rower braces his feet.
8. stretcher ·noun a brick or stone laid with its longer dimension in the line of direction of the wall.
9. stretcher ·noun a crosspiece placed between the sides of a boat to keep them apart when hoisted up and griped.
10. stretcher ·noun one of the rods in an umbrella, attached at one end to one of the ribs, and at the other to the tube sliding upon the handle.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012