Meaning of TOLERANCE in English
add. ·noun capability of growth in more or less shade.
2. tolerance ·noun the power or capacity of enduring; the act of enduring; endurance.
3. tolerance ·noun the endurance of the presence or actions of objectionable persons, or of the expression of offensive opinions; toleration.
4. tolerance ·noun the power possessed or acquired by some persons of bearing doses of medicine which in ordinary cases would prove injurious or fatal.
5. tolerance ·add. ·noun the amount which coins, either singly or in lots, are legally allowed to vary above or below the standard of weight or fineness.
6. tolerance ·add. ·noun allowed amount of variation from the standard or from exact conformity to the specified dimensions, weight, ·etc., as in various mechanical operations;.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012