Meaning of WALL in English
noun the side of a level or drift.
2. wall ·noun the country rock bounding a vein laterally.
3. wall ·vt to inclose with a wall, or as with a wall.
4. wall ·vt to close or fill with a wall, as a doorway.
5. wall ·noun a kind of knot often used at the end of a rope; a wall knot; a wale.
6. wall ·vt to defend by walls, or as if by walls; to fortify.
7. wall ·noun an inclosing part of a receptacle or vessel; as, the walls of a steam-engine cylinder.
8. wall ·noun a defense; a rampart; a means of protection; in the plural, fortifications, in general; works for defense.
9. wall ·noun a work or structure of stone, brick, or other materials, raised to some height, and intended for defense or security, solid and permanent inclosing fence, as around a field, a park, a town, ·etc., also, one of the upright inclosing parts of a building or a room.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012