Meaning of WASHING in English
noun the clothes washed, ·esp. at one time; a wash.
2. washing ·p.pr. & ·vb.n. of wash.
3. washing ·add. ·noun a thin covering or coat; as, a washing of silver.
4. washing ·noun the act of one who washes; the act of cleansing with water; ablution.
5. washing ·add. ·noun gold dust procured by washing; also, a place where this is done; a washery.
6. washing ·add. ·noun the covering of a piece with an infusible powder, which prevents it from sticking to its supports, while receiving the glaze.
7. washing ·add. ·noun the operation of simultaneously buying and selling the same stock for the purpose of manipulating the market. the transaction is fictitious, and is prohibited by stock-exchange rules.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012