Meaning of ASYMPTOTIC in English
— asymptotically , adv.
/as'im tot"ik/ , adj. Math.
1. of or pertaining to an asymptote.
2. (of a function) approaching a given value as an expression containing a variable tends to infinity.
3. (of two functions) so defined that their ratio approaches unity as the independent variable approaches a limit or infinity.
4. (of a formula) becoming increasingly exact as a variable approaches a limit, usually infinity.
5. coming into consideration as a variable approaches a limit, usually infinity: asymptotic property; asymptotic behavior.
Also, asymptotical .
[ 1665-75; ASYMPTOTE + -IC ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012