Meaning of BLUR in English
— blurredly /blerr"id lee, blerrd"-/ , adv. — blurredness , n. — blurringly , adv.
/blerr/ , v. , blurred, blurring , n.
1. to obscure or sully (something) by smearing or with a smeary substance: The windows were blurred with soot.
2. to obscure by making confused in form or outline; make indistinct: The fog blurred the outline of the car.
3. to dim the perception or susceptibility of; make dull or insensible: The blow on the head blurred his senses.
4. to become indistinct: Everything blurred as she ran.
5. to make blurs.
6. a smudge or smear that obscures: a blur of smoke.
7. a blurred condition; indistinctness: They could see nothing in the foggy blur.
8. something seen indistinctly: The ship appeared as a blur against the horizon.
[ 1540-50; akin to BLEAR ]
Syn. 2. cloud, dim, darken, veil, mask.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012