Meaning of CUBIC in English
— cubicity /kyooh bis"i tee/ , n.
/kyooh"bik/ , adj.
1. having three dimensions; solid.
2. having the form of a cube; cubical.
3. pertaining to the measurement of volume: the cubic contents of a vessel.
4. pertaining to a unit of linear measure that is multiplied by itself twice to form a unit of measure for volume: cubic foot; cubic centimeter; cubic inch; cubic meter.
5. Math. of or pertaining to the third degree.
6. Crystall. belonging or pertaining to the isometric system of crystallization.
7. Math. a cubic polynomial or equation.
[ 1490-1500; earlier cubik cubicus kybikós. See CUBE 1 , -IC ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012