Meaning of DAP in English
/dap/ , v. , dapped, dapping , n.
1. to fish by letting the bait fall lightly on the water.
2. to dip lightly or suddenly into water: The bird dapped for the fish.
3. to bounce or skip, as on the surface of a body of water: The stone dapped along the surface of the pond.
4. to cause to dip in and out of water: to dap one's bait.
5. to cause to skip along the surface of water: to dap stones across the river.
6. Carpentry. to notch (a timber) to receive part of another timber.
7. Carpentry. a notch in a timber for receiving part of another timber.
[ 1575-85; prob. var. of DAB 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012