Meaning of DUAL in English
— dually , adv.
/dooh"euhl, dyooh"-/ , adj.
1. of, pertaining to, or noting two.
2. composed or consisting of two people, items, parts, etc., together; twofold; double: dual ownership; dual controls on a plane.
3. having a twofold, or double, character or nature.
4. Gram. being or pertaining to a member of the category of number, as in Old English, Old Russian, or Arabic, that denotes two of the things in question.
5. the dual number.
6. a form in the dual, as Old English git "you two," as contrasted with ge "you" referring to three or more.
[ 1535-45; dualis containing two, relating to a pair, equiv. to du ( o ) TWO + -alis -AL 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012