Meaning of EXPERIMENTAL in English
— experimentally , adv.
/ik sper'euh men"tl/ , adj.
1. pertaining to, derived from, or founded on experiment: an experimental science.
2. of the nature of an experiment; tentative: The new program is still in an experimental stage.
3. functioning as an experiment or used for experimentation: an experimental airplane.
4. based on or derived from experience; empirical: experimental knowledge.
5. something that is experimental.
[ 1400-50; late ME experimentalis. See EXPERIMENT, -AL 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012