— exteriorly , adv.
/ik stear"ee euhr/ , adj.
1. outer; being on the outer side: the exterior surface; exterior decorations.
2. intended or suitable for outdoor use: exterior paint.
3. situated or being outside; pertaining to or connected with what is outside: the exterior territories of a country.
4. the outer surface or part; outside.
5. outward form or appearance: She has a placid exterior, but inside she is tormented.
6. Math. the collection of points not contained in the closure of a given set.
[ 1525-35; exter or exterus on the outside, outward. See EX- 1 ]
Syn. 1. outward, outside, external, superficial. 3. outlying, extraneous, foreign; extrinsic. 4. face. 5. mien, aspect.
Ant. 1, 4. interior.