/fee"deuhr/ , n.
1. a person or thing that supplies food or feeds something.
2. a bin or boxlike device from which farm animals may eat, esp. such a device designed to allow a number of chickens to feed simultaneously or to release a specific amount of feed at regular intervals.
3. a person or thing that takes food or nourishment.
4. a livestock animal that is fed an enriched diet to fatten it for market. Cf. stocker (def. 2).
5. a person or device that feeds a machine, printing press, etc.
6. a tributary stream.
7. bird feeder.
8. See feeder line .
9. See feeder road .
10. Also, feed . Elect. a conductor, or group of conductors, connecting primary equipment in an electric power system.
11. Brit. a baby's bib.
12. Theat. Slang. See straight man .
13. being, functioning as, or serving as a feeder.
14. pertaining to livestock to be fattened for market.
[ 1350-1400; ME; see FEED, -ER 1 ]