noun one who fattens cattle for slaughter.
2. feeder ·noun a strong discharge of gas from a fissure; a blower.
3. feeder ·noun a device for supplying steam boilers with water as needed.
4. feeder ·noun a small lateral lode falling into the main lode or mineral vein.
5. feeder ·noun one who furnishes incentives; an encourager.
6. feeder ·noun one who, or that which, gives food or supplies nourishment; steward.
7. feeder ·noun one who eats or feeds; specifically, an animal to be fed or fattened.
8. feeder ·noun an auxiliary part of a machine which supplies or leads along the material operated upon.
9. feeder ·noun a branch railroad, stage line, or the like; a side line which increases the business of the main line.
10. feeder ·noun a stream that flows into another body of water; a tributary; specifically (hydraulic engin.), a water course which supplies a canal or reservoir by gravitation or natural flow.