Meaning of FEED in English
noun a grazing or pasture ground.
2. feed ·noun the water supplied to steam boilers.
3. feed ·vi to take food; to eat.
4. feed ·impf & ·p.p. of fee.
5. feed ·noun a meal, or the act of eating.
6. feed ·vi to be nourished, strengthened, or satisfied, as if by food.
7. feed ·noun the mechanism by which the action of feeding is produced; a feed motion.
8. feed ·vt to nourish, in a general sense; to foster, strengthen, develop, and guard.
9. feed ·vt to give food to; to supply with nourishment; to satisfy the physical huger of.
10. feed ·noun an allowance of provender given to a horse, cow, ·etc.; a meal; as, a feed of corn or oats.
11. feed ·vi to place cattle to feed; to pasture; to graze.
12. feed ·vt to supply (the material to be operated upon) to a machine; as, to feed paper to a printing press.
13. feed ·vt to satisfy; grafity or minister to, as any sense, talent, taste, or desire.
14. feed ·noun the supply of material to a machine, as water to a steam boiler, coal to a furnace, or grain to a run of stones.
15. feed ·noun that which is eaten; ·esp., food for beasts; fodder; pasture; hay; grain, ground or whole; as, the best feed for sheep.
xvi. feed ·vi to subject by eating; to satisfy the appetite; to feed one's self (upon something); to prey;
with on or upon.
xvii. feed ·vt to give for food, especially to animals; to furnish for consumption; as, to feed out turnips to the cows; to feed water to a steam boiler.
xviii. feed ·vt to fill the wants of; to supply with that which is used or wasted; as, springs feed ponds; the hopper feeds the mill; to feed a furnace with coal.
xix. feed ·vt to graze; to cause to be cropped by feeding, as herbage by cattle; as, if grain is too forward in autumn, feed it with sheep.
xx. feed ·vt to produce progressive operation upon or with (as in wood and metal working machines, so that the work moves to the cutting tool, or the tool to the work).
xxi. feed ·noun the motion, or act, of carrying forward the stuff to be operated upon, as cloth to the needle in a sewing machine; or of producing progressive operation upon any material or object in a machine, as, in a turning lathe, by moving the cutting tool along or in the work.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012