Meaning of FURTHER in English
— furtherer , n.
/ferr"dheuhr/ , compar. adv. and adj. of far with superl. furthest , v.
1. at or to a greater distance; farther: I'm too tired to go further.
2. at or to a more advanced point; to a greater extent: Let's not discuss it further.
3. in addition; moreover: Further, he should be here any minute.
4. more distant or remote; farther: The map shows it to be further than I thought.
5. more extended: Does this mean a further delay?
6. additional; more: Further meetings seem pointless.
7. to help forward (a work, undertaking, cause, etc.); promote; advance; forward: You can always count on him to further his own interests.
[ bef. 900; ME furthere, OE furthra; c. G vordere more advanced ]
Usage . See farther .
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012