Meaning of GARLIC in English
— garlicked, garlicky , adj.
/gahr"lik/ , n.
1. a hardy plant, Allium sativum, of the amaryllis family whose strongly, pungent bulb is used in cookery and medicine.
2. any of various other plants of the genus Allium.
3. the bulb of such a plant, consisting of smaller bulbs, or cloves, used in cooking, sometimes in the form of a powder or flakes.
4. the flavor or smell of this bulb.
5. cooked, flavored, or seasoned with garlic: garlic bread; garlic salt.
6. of or pertaining to garlic.
[ bef. 1000; ME garlec, OE garleac ( gar spear (c. G Ger ) + leac LEEK) ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012