Meaning of HULK in English
/hulk/ , n.
1. the body of an old or dismantled ship.
2. a ship specially built to serve as a storehouse, prison, etc., and not for sea service.
3. a clumsy-looking or unwieldy ship or boat.
4. a bulky or unwieldy person, object, or mass.
5. the shell of a wrecked, burned-out, or abandoned vehicle, building, or the like.
6. to loom in bulky form; appear as a large, massive bulk (often fol. by up ): The bus hulked up suddenly over the crest of the hill.
7. Brit. Dial. to lounge, slouch, or move in a heavy, loutish manner.
[ bef. 1000; ME hulke, OE hulc; perh. hulcus holkás trading vessel, orig., towed ship ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012