— magnetically , adv.
/mag net"ik/ , adj.
1. of or pertaining to a magnet or magnetism.
2. having the properties of a magnet.
3. capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.
4. pertaining to the magnetic field of the earth: the magnetic equator.
5. exerting a strong attractive power or charm: a magnetic personality.
6. noting or pertaining to various bearings and measurements as indicated by a magnetic compass: magnetic amplitude; magnetic course; magnetic meridian.
Also, magnetical .
[ 1625-35; magneticus. See MAGNET, -IC ]
Syn. 5. persuasive, charismatic, captivating.