Meaning of MIXER in English
/mik"seuhr/ , n.
1. a person or thing that mixes.
2. a person, with reference to sociability: She's a good mixer to have at a large party.
3. a kitchen utensil or an electrical appliance having one or more beaters and used in mixing, beating, or blending foods.
4. Also, mix . a beverage, as ginger ale, fruit juice, or soda water that can be combined with liquor to produce a mixed drink, esp. a highball.
5. Audio. an electronic device for blending, fading, substitution, etc., of sounds from various sources, as from microphones or separately recorded soundtracks, for broadcast or recording.
6. Radio and Television , Recording. a technician who operates a mixer in a studio.
7. the person responsible for the original recording of a movie soundtrack. Cf. recordist .
8. a social event, as a party or dance, where people can meet informally.
9. See mixing faucet .
10. Metall. a container for blending and storing molten pig iron from several blast furnaces.
[ 1605-15; MIX + -ER 1 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012