/noh"hwair', -wair'/ , adv.
1. in or at no place; not anywhere: The missing pen was nowhere to be found.
2. to no place: We went nowhere last weekend.
3. nowhere near , not nearly: There's nowhere near enough food to go around.
4. the state of nonexistence or seeming nonexistence: A gang of thieves appeared from nowhere.
5. anonymity or obscurity: She came from nowhere to win the championship.
6. an unknown, remote, or nonexistent place or region.
7. miles from nowhere , in a remote, isolated, or inaccessible area.
8. being or leading nowhere; pointless; futile: to be stuck in a nowhere job.
9. worthless or useless: That's a nowhere idea if I ever heard one.
[ bef. 1000; ME (adv.); OE nahwaer, nohwaer. See NO 1 , WHERE ]
Usage . See anyplace .