Meaning of OUTPUT in English
/owt"poot'/ , n. , v. , outputted or output, outputting .
1. the act of turning out; production: the factory's output of cars; artistic output.
2. the quantity or amount produced, as in a given time: to increase one's daily output.
3. the material produced or yield; product.
4. the current, voltage, power, or signal produced by an electrical or electronic circuit or device. Cf. input (def. 4).
a. information in a form suitable for transmission from internal to external units of a computer, or to an outside medium.
b. the process of transferring data from internal storage to an external medium, as paper or microfilm.
6. the power or force produced by a machine.
v.t. , v.i.
7. Computers. to transfer (information) from internal storage to an external medium.
8. to produce; turn out.
[ 1855-60; OUT- + PUT ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012