Meaning of PAUL in English
/pawl/ for 1-3, 5; /powl/ for 4 , n.
1. Saint , died A.D. c67, a missionary and apostle to the gentiles: author of several of the Epistles. Cf. Saul (def. 2).
2. Alice , 1885-1977, U.S. women's-rights activist.
3. Elliot (Harold) , 1891-1958, U.S. novelist.
4. Jean /zhahonn/ , pen name of Jean Paul Friedrich Richter.
5. a male given name: from a Latin word meaning "little".
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012