Meaning of REGRESSION in English
/ri gresh"euhn/ , n.
1. the act of going back to a previous place or state; return or reversion.
2. retrogradation; retrogression.
3. Biol. reversion to an earlier or less advanced state or form or to a common or general type.
4. Psychoanal. the reversion to a chronologically earlier or less adapted pattern of behavior and feeling.
5. a subsidence of a disease or its manifestations: a regression of symptoms.
6. of, pertaining to, or determined by regression analysis: regression curve; regression equation.
[ 1510-20; regression- (s. of regressio ). See REGRESS, -ION ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012