Meaning of ROTARY in English
/roh"teuh ree/ , adj., n., pl. rotaries .
1. turning or capable of turning around on an axis, as a wheel.
2. taking place around an axis, as motion.
3. having a part or parts that turn on an axis, as a machine.
4. a rotary device or machine.
5. Chiefly Northeastern U.S. See traffic circle .
6. Also called rotary converter . Elect. See synchronous converter .
7. ( cap. ) See Rotary Club .
[ 1725-35; rotarius (adj.), equiv. to L rot ( a ) wheel + -arius -ARY ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012