Meaning of ROTATION in English
— rotational , adj.
/roh tay"sheuhn/ , n.
1. the act of rotating; a turning around as on an axis.
a. the movement or path of the earth or a heavenly body turning on its axis.
b. one complete turn of such a body.
3. regularly recurring succession, as of officials.
4. Agric. See crop rotation .
a. an operation that rotates a geometric figure about a fixed point.
b. curl (def. 17).
6. Pool. a game in which the balls are played in order by number.
7. Baseball. See pitching rotation .
[ 1545-55; rotation- (s. of rotatio ) a rotation, rolling, equiv. to rotat ( us ) (see ROTATE 1 ) + -ion- -ION ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012