Meaning of SPHERICAL in English
— sphericality , n. — spherically , adv.
/sfer"i keuhl, sfear"-/ , adj.
1. having the form of a sphere; globular.
2. formed in or on a sphere, as a figure.
3. of or pertaining to a sphere or spheres.
4. pertaining to the heavenly bodies, or to their supposed revolving spheres or shells.
5. pertaining to the heavenly bodies regarded astrologically as exerting influence on humankind and events.
Also, spheric .
[ 1515-25; spheric ( us ) (see SPHERICS 1 ) + -AL 1 ]
Syn. 1. rounded.
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012