Meaning of TELESCOPIC in English
— telescopically , adv.
/tel'euh skop"ik/ , adj.
1. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a telescope.
2. capable of magnifying distant objects: a telescopic lens.
3. obtained by means of a telescope: a telescopic view of the moon.
4. seen by a telescope; visible only through a telescope.
5. capable of viewing objects from a distance; farseeing: a telescopic eye.
6. consisting of parts that slide one within another like the tubes of a jointed telescope and are thus capable of being extended or shortened.
Also, telescopical .
[ 1695-1705; TELESCOPE + -IC ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012