Meaning of TEMPERED in English
/tem"peuhrd/ , adj.
1. having a temper or disposition of a specified character (usually used in combination): a good-tempered child.
2. Music. tuned in accordance with some other temperament than just or pure temperament, esp. tuned in equal temperament.
3. made less intense or violent, esp. by the influence of something good or benign: justice tempered with mercy.
4. properly moistened or mixed, as clay.
5. Metall. of or pertaining to steel or cast iron that has been tempered.
[ 1325-75; ME; see TEMPER, -ED 2 , -ED 3 ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012