Meaning of UNIFORM in English
— uniformly , adv. — uniformness , n.
/yooh"neuh fawrm'/ , adj.
1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.
2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.
3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.
4. constituting part of a uniform: to be issued uniform shoes.
5. Math. occurring in a manner independent of some variable, parameter, function, etc.: a uniform bound.
6. an identifying outfit or style of dress worn by the members of a given profession, organization, or rank.
7. a word used in communications to represent the letter U.
8. to make uniform or standard.
9. to clothe in or furnish with a uniform.
[ 1530-40; uniformis (adj.), equiv. to uni- UNI- + -formis -FORM ]
Random House Webster's Unabridged English dictionary. Полный английский словарь Вебстер - Random House . 2012