— windingly , adv. — windingness , n.
/wuyn"ding/ , n.
1. the act of a person or thing that winds.
2. a bend, turn, or flexure.
3. a coiling, folding, or wrapping, as of one thing about another.
4. something that is wound or coiled, or a single round of it.
a. a symmetrically laid, electrically conducting current path in any device.
b. the manner of such coiling: a series winding.
6. bending or turning; sinuous.
7. spiral, as stairs.
[ bef. 1050; ME (n.), OE windung (n.); see WIND 2 , -ING 1 , -ING 2 ]