Meaning of BED in English
vt to place in a bed.
2. bed ·noun ·see gun carriage, and mortar bed.
3. bed ·vt to furnish with a bed or bedding.
4. bed ·noun a course of stone or brick in a wall.
5. bed ·noun (used as the symbol of matrimony) marriage.
6. bed ·noun the lower surface of a brick, slate, or tile.
7. bed ·vt to make partaker of one's bed; to cohabit with.
8. bed ·vi to go to bed; to cohabit.
9. bed ·noun the superficial earthwork, or ballast, of a railroad.
10. bed ·noun the flat part of the press, on which the form is laid.
11. bed ·noun the place or material in which a block or brick is laid.
12. bed ·vt to dress or prepare the surface of stone) so as to serve as a bed.
13. bed ·noun the horizontal surface of a building stone; as, the upper and lower beds.
14. bed ·noun a mass or heap of anything arranged like a bed; as, a bed of ashes or coals.
15. bed ·noun the bottom of a watercourse, or of any body of water; as, the bed of a river.
xvi. bed ·vt to lay flat; to lay in order; to place in a horizontal or recumbent position.
xvii. bed ·noun a layer or seam, or a horizontal stratum between layers; as, a bed of coal, iron, ·etc.
xviii. bed ·noun a plat or level piece of ground in a garden, usually a little raised above the adjoining ground.
xix. bed ·vt to plant or arrange in beds; to set, or cover, as in a bed of soft earth; as, to bed the roots of a plant in mold.
xx. bed ·noun the foundation or the more solid and fixed part or framing of a machine; or a part on which something is laid or supported; as, the bed of an engine.
xxi. bed ·vt to lay or put in any hollow place, or place of rest and security, surrounded or inclosed; to embed; to furnish with or place upon a bed or foundation; as, to bed a stone; it was bedded on a rock.
xxii. bed ·noun an article of furniture to sleep or take rest in or on; a couch. specifically: a sack or mattress, filled with some soft material, in distinction from the bedstead on which it is placed (as, a feather bed), or this with the bedclothes added. in a general sense, any thing or place used for sleeping or reclining on or in, as a quantity of hay, straw, leaves, or twigs.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012