Meaning of CAR in English
noun the cage of a lift or elevator.
2. car ·noun a floating perforated box for living fish.
3. car ·noun a vehicle adapted to the rails of a railroad.
4. car ·noun the stars also called charles's wain, the great bear, or the dipper.
5. car ·noun a chariot of war or of triumph; a vehicle of splendor, dignity, or solemnity.
6. car ·noun the basket, box, or cage suspended from a balloon to contain passengers, ballast, ·etc.
7. car ·noun a small vehicle moved on wheels; usually, one having but two wheels and drawn by one horse; a cart.
Webster English vocab. Английский словарь Webster. 2012